Tuesday, August 28, 2007

survived another class

Well we survived another class and its off to A+P tonight. we did initial PT interviews and how to set up T nebulizers. and we started on the mountain of paperwork we have to fill out to do clinical's on real people. I signed less paperwork when I closed on my house. You can see little groups forming in the class. I like to call them SRT Pods Student Respiratory Therapist Pods. some what like a Pod of Killer Whales just not as dangerous till we learn to do AGB's then all bets are off. One other thing i noticed I am the grand old man of the class. we were filling out paperwork and I saw the date of birth of the SRT next to me. I was 20 when she was born LOL i think the closet to me in age other than the instructor is 27. well they say with age come wisdom well we will find out. the sleepiness goes on................

1 comment:

Glenna said...

Mark--Totally relate. In our class there were 4 people in their 40's, all but one of whom were working on second careers too. Then we had a few 30's but over the half the class was in their early 20's. It actually worked for us and made us all closer but we did find that those of in our 40's were natural leaders of the group.

Also, on the age thing, one of the RT's I work with now and I were talking when a song came on the radio and he said "Oh that came out when I was high school." I said "Me too. When did you graduate?" He said "'81". I said "I was '83." One of the kids who graduated with me looked up and snickered "I was born i '82." We both said "Shut up" at the same time and we all laughed.

I hear ya!